Founded on March 23, 2016, the mission of the Michigan-based Foundation for the Marketplace of Ideas, Inc., is to educate the public about the freedoms guaranteed by the United States Constitution and people who and organizations which strive to usurp said freedoms.
Constitutional rights of interest to FMI include but are not limited to:
- The right to freedom of speech;
- The right to freedom of religion;
- The right to freedom of association;
- The right to keep and bear arms;
- The right to be free from unreasonable searches and seizures;
- The right to own property; and
- The right to equality before the law.
FMI will advance the cause of freedom by educating the public of current events of concern by way of its website, hosting member-only and public events, and advancing its mission by participating in the courts of public opinion and law.
FMI is a non-partisan educational organization approved by the Internal Revenue Service as a public foundation operating under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. FMI does not endorse, support, or oppose candidates or proposed legislation. Contributions to FMI by individuals, corporations, and foundations are tax-deductible.